Wednesday, November 16, 2016

020. BLAKE

This handsome young man is my nephew Blake Stucki and I took this pic a couple of weeks ago when his team won first place in their division for the season.  He'd just been handed a trophy and was posing for pics with his team.  I snapped this one immediately afterward and he generously stopped and posed for me.

Blake is one talented kid!  I can't believe how great he is.  He's one of those boys who's eternally good natured - although sometimes a bit mischievous; but it's all in the name of honest fun and his pursuit of life.  He's a boy who seems to be constantly looking at something else to do.  He's taking guitar lessons, he participates in a theater class and he plays Baseball, Football and Basketball.

Both of his parents are active and you can see the impact that's had on the person he's growing up to be.  He fits right in with them.  If they're on the go, he's right beside them ready for whatever adventure awaits.  I'm in awe of his enthusiasm and the joy he takes in the things he loves to do.  He is the quintessential boy!

In addition to enjoying his Baseball and Football games, I've also noticed Blake is a respectful and courteous young man.  He's always polite and treats me with a great deal of respect.  This, more than anything, makes me proud of him.  I see him growing into a strong, capable man one day and being the type of guy other people want to be around because he makes them feel good about themselves.

It's been a rewarding experience watching this kid grow up.  I'm thankful to my family for sharing their kids with me and allowing me to participate in their lives.  Nothing makes me happier.  And that's why I can say without doubt or hesitation...

Blake is a reason for being!

No comments:

Post a Comment