Thursday, May 24, 2012

005. SHAYDE

This is Shayde.  Why is she important?  Well...  To make a long story short, I got her exactly one week to the day after Gizsch died.  And I honestly believe God led her to me.  I rescued her from some kids who were drowning a litter of unwanted kittens.  Shayde had fought her way free and the kids were chasing her.  When I got to her, one boy was about to crush her with a huge rock.  She jumped in my arms.  Taking her in and nursing her back to health took my mind off of Gizsch.  I was able to sort through some difficult feelings.

Since then, Shayde has been an interesting cat.  She's not comfortable with human touch.  Not surprising when you consider how she was treated as a kitten.  At the same time, she's constantly around me.  She loves to be at my side and is very affectionate with me.  But just to the point where she wants to be touched and then she gets feisty.

I've become attached to her and she to me.  Lately she's taken to sleeping on the same pillow I'm on.  As much as she dislikes overly aggressive petting, she's affectionate and wonderful.  No one else can experience the moments I get to share with her.

She is extremely curious and fearless.  Of all the cats I've owned, she's most like Gizsch.  Nothing frightens her.  She's the first to approach a stranger, the first to walk outside and the first to look at anything new in the house.  She adjusts to moving better than the others and she's also the only cat I've owned that isn't bothered by traveling in a vehicle.  Pretty cool kitty for sure.

Anyway, as much as I care about my pets, they are surrogate children to me.  

Shayde is a reason for being.

No comments:

Post a Comment